Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Logging Water Time




Check out http://picasaweb.google.com/dawilkinson83/LoggingWaterTime# for pictures.

If I were break down an hourly track record of my day, I think about 70% of my daily adventures exist on or in the water...

Sailing adventures have been killllller dudddddddeee! My farthest expedition went down last week. Jenny's mom, Anne, came along on first mate. She was sooo stoked to get out on a boat and glide with the wind. We had some great conversations of past stories and books and peaceful views. It was a soulful ride. We made it down to Keiki Beach and back....alive and afloat...barely... :) We had to make two pit stops at sunset beach to drain the water. Total of about 9 miles. Oh and we Pirated Willy for some beers on the sail back. We came in after the sunset, shivering, and buzzed.

Oh yeah, we had the V-land Midnight flotilla crew going off a couple nights in a row. Stand up paddlers was a great way to balance off the playful energy we were filled with. We Sailed around, SUPed into some waves on the inside rights at Yards. Conor and friends took out some random kayak boat sled and flipped it in the surf zone. Willy had a fire on the beach. We sailed my boat. I lost the plug earlier so I filled a bag with sand and stuff it in the hole. Worked enough. Even with stood a flip generated by Willy showing me how to sail with no wind. Nice job...One eyed Whisky Willie!

Chester has arrived and he is now an honorary member of the V-land yacht club. Our inaugural sail was smooth and dark. As we sailed away from Sunset we noticed an interesting outline of a wolf's face on the horizon illuminated with a unique configuration of lights. Oh yeah, a upgraded my plastic bag for a wind cork plugger. Works mo bettah.

The 4th of July was a great day of logging water time. After a run in the am, I went for a quick snorkel, then did the Hui o He'e Nalu Paddleboard Race from Sunset to Waimea. Great experience! I haven't competed and forgot some of my challenging mindset and how much I push myself in competition. The race was basically a sprint the whole time. my board was quick. Strategy involved trying to catch waves and drafting other people. I got 6th place in my division with a time of 33:51 for a 3.5 mile race (ages 20-29) and 20th overall out of 100 in the stock paddleboard division. I am excited to do some more races. One of my goals is to sea all of the coastline of Oahu by water, either sailboat or some kind of board! There are many different races offered and I look forward to putting some more under my belt as well as training for Indonesia and the winter season!

After the race I went into my daily vampire like state where I sleep and get some shade! I was back on the water around 5pm and sailed to rockies with a fulllll boat. Blake, Chet, Stacy, and I coasted downwind. Sea Peace provided some free entertainment for some other peeps rocking out at Loren's new pad with ocean front Rocky Rights and Gas Chamber views! If you check out surfline.com Rocky Rights cam, that is in her backyard. If you ever see a picture of a small flat day when it's firing, I may have/have not put that there.........Let's see, definitely some booby cruise rides where everyone was Seaing Peace everywhere. Classic adventure sail of the day goes to the fireworks sail. Chet, Kendall, Loren, and I launched as T-bay was exploding there $ into the sky. Very short is my description of the show. SO we made our own action, Chet walked the bow and I tried to make him fall in, but ended up dumping Loren and Kendall. I turn and come back, extend my arm and Kendall just hands me her nearly full and unsalty beer. Classic! and Classy in my book. On the second pass we got them both in the boat. Yew!

Most recent sail was yesterday returning from Rockies. I took Stacy along as a companion and fisherwoman. She always catches fish on Willies boat so I tried her out on mine to no avail. Dangit! Fun sail anyways!

Now I am off to surf! Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. sailing...would love to be there with ya. I am sporting my new elecric boat...perfect for the peanut island sandbar.

    ReplyDelete